All students enrolled at the University of Siena have free access to the language lab, where they can improve their knowledge of a foreign language, or begin learning a new one.
The laboratory is equipped with 12 computers and a vast assortment of language learning materials at various levels of difficulty to facilitate learning English, French, Spanish, and German.
By taking advantage of the facilities and learning materials put at your disposal, you can:
- Take a test to assess your level of linguistic competence
- Practice listening and pronunciation
- Enrich your vocabulary in a foreign language
- Practice grammar
- Prepare for B1 and B2 level language exams
- Prepare for certifying language exams (PET, First Certificate, CAE, IELTS, BEC, TOEFL, DELF, etc.)
- Watch films in original language
- Read (graded readers, fiction with audio support, etc.)
- Access numerous websites selected by the Language Center for the study of foreign languages
- Log on to CLA Siena Online, the Language Center platform for e-learning, and access resources for self-study of the English language (levels A2, A2.2, B1 and B2) and/or online lessons if enrolled in a blended course
Our language consultant is available in the lab to help students make a plan of study, and to advise them about the choice of learning materials to be used.
Please note that from July 17th to 31st the language lab will be open from Monday through Friday, from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm. It will be closed for the month of August and will reopen on Monday, September 4th.
Before entering the lab for the first time, you must register with our personnel (room number 4 at the Language Center).